9. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Meb Yayınları 3. Ünite Movies Sayfa 23 Soruları ve Cevapları 2017 – 2018
THEME 3 MOVIES A. YOU ARE WHAT YOU WATCH!
biography, musical, sci-fi, horror, comedy, historical, drama, animation
1- Match the movie types in the box with their comments below. One is extra.
2- Circle the correct option.
1. ”Plot” means
a) an idea b) a written story c) a visual effect
2. “Cast” means
a) people b) children c) all the actors in a film
3. “Setting” means
a) time and place b) live online c) a kind of movie
4. “Bomb” means
a) a successful movie b) a nice movie c) an unpopular movie
5. “Animation” means
a) cartoon-style b) a modern movie c) black-and-white
6. “Thrilling” means
a) amusing b) exciting c) ordinary
3- Fill in the sentences with the correct words / phrases below.
on the edge of my seat, waste your time, kicks the bucket, give two thumbs up, feel-good movie, unrealistic
1. A: Did you enjoy the movie “Passengers”?
B: For sure! I _________________ to it.
2. At the end of the movie, the old man _________________.
3. I’m not in the mood for watching a drama film tonight. How about watching a _________________?
4. Don’ t _________________ watching this film. It has terrible acting.
5. I think the play is boring and the characters are _________________.
6. I like action movies. They keep me _________________.
9. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Meb Yayınları 3. Ünite Movies Sayfa 24 Soruları ve Cevapları 2017 – 2018
4 – Look at the superheroes below. Which one is Dr. Strange?
5- Read the title and guess the type of the movie.
6- Read the blog again and write True (T) or False (F).
1. Iron Man and Dr. Strange have the same kind of powers.
2. The movie Dr. Strange is just a science-fiction movie.
3. The director of the movie is Scott Derrickson.
4. Dr. Strange’s life changes after a terrible car accident.
5. Dr. Strange uses his powers to destroy the world.
6. There aren’t many special effects in Dr. Strange.
7. The blog writer wants to watch another movie about Dr. Strange.
7- Use the correct forms of the verbs in the box to complete the summary of Dr. Strange.
be, search, learn, think, save, have (2)
Most Marvel characters protect us from physical dangers. They ________ shields, special costumes and equipment. Dr. Strange is different from them. He ________ a kind of magician. Many people ________ he is the best Marvel character.
In the movie Dr. Strange Benedict Cumbercatch ________ the lead role. He is a perfect choice for this character. Our cool hero has a car accident and ________ for a cure in South Asia. In this beautiful place he ________ more about life and his powers. After that, he ________ the world from a cruel enemy like all the other superheroes.
9. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Meb Yayınları 3. Ünite Movies Sayfa 25 Soruları ve Cevapları 2017 – 2018
8- Complete the sentences with the correct words below.
eleventh, half past, quarter past, five past, quarter to, ten to, May, second
1. It’s five o’clock now. Ten minutes ago, it was ________________ five.
2. It’s 7 p.m. now. Thirty minutes later, it’ll be seven thirty or ________________ seven.
3. We write June 11, June 11th or 11 June, but we say the ________________ of June or June
4. It’s 9 a.m. now. Fifteen minutes ago, it was ________________ nine.
5. My birthday is on the fourteenth of ________________.
6. We write April 2nd, but we say April the ________________.
7. It’s eight p.m. now. Five minutes later, I mean at ________________ eight, the film starts.
8. You say six fifteen or ________________ six.
9- Match the questions with the correct answers.
1. Do you like going to the cinema? a) Absolutely. I’m crazy about him.
2. Is your sister an action movie addict? b) Yes, I do. Once a week.
3. What type of movies do you dislike? c) No. I never do it.
4. Is Bradley Cooper your favourite actor? d) Horror.
5. What is your favourite movie type? e) No, she isn’t.
6. Do you download movies from the Net? f) Sci-fi. They keep me on the edge of my seat.
10- Complete the dialogue using the sentences in the box.
A: Hello, Sam. How is it going? (1)____
B: Yes, I am. Why?
A: (2)___“Star Wars” is on at the Events Hall.
B: I am sorry, but I don’t like watching science fiction. (4)___
A: OK. Let’s watch Eddie Murphy’s latest movie. I love his sense of humour.
11- Complete the paragraph with the correct forms of the verbs in brackets.
Mia and Mason are twins. They ____________ (be) both keen on sports, but they ______________ (not / like) the same things. Mia ____________ (love) handball. She ____________ (play) for her school team. She ____________ (train) on Fridays and Saturdays. Manson ______________ (train) a lot too, but he ______________ (not / play) handball. He ______________ (love) dancing. He ______________ (do) ballroom dancing at a dance academy. They ______________ (enjoy) what they do, but they ______________ (not / want) to be professionals.