3. Read the text in exercise 1 again. Write true (T) or false (F).
a. Sally is in Paris. (T)
b. Mandy was in Disneyland Park yesterday. (T)
c. Mandy was with Kevin and Flora. (T)
d. Mandy could see Haunted House. (F)
e. There was a big parade of Disney characters at 7 pm. (F)
4. Read the text in exercise 1 again. Match the questions with their answers.
1. Where is Mandy now? c. She is in Paris.
2. Where was she yesterday? d. She was in Disneyland.
3. Who was she with? a. She was with her friends.
4. What time was the parade? b. It was at 5 pm.
5. Work in pairs. Ask and answer questions about Mandy’s day in Disneyland.
6. Talk about the best day of your life.
a. Where were you?
b. When were you there?
c. Who were you with?
d. Why was it the best day of your life? Give some reasons.
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 20 Cevabı
7. Do you know the man in the picture? Where is he?
He is Aziz Sancar. There are Stockholm.
8.Read the paragraphs about Aziz Sancar. Put them into the correct order.
Make a meaningful text.
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 21 Cevabı
9. Read the text and fill in the blanks.
a. Aziz Sancar was born on September 8, 1946.
b. He grew up in Savur and stayed there until 1963.
c. He graduated from Mardin High School in 1963 .
d. He got married to Gwen Boles .
e. Aziz Sancar took the Nobel Prize in Chemistry along with his two colleagues,
Tomas Lindahl and Paul L. Modrich .
10. Read the text again. Answer the questions.
a. Was Aziz Sancar brilliant at school?
Yes, he was.
b. Where did he start his educational life?
Aziz Sancar started his educational life in a school in his hometown.
c. Why did he move to İstanbul?
He moved to İstanbul alone to make a university degree at the area of medicine.
d. Why was the year 2015 unforgettable for him?
Because, he took the Nobel Prize in Chemistry along with his two colleagues .
11. Skim the text and complete the blanks using the information below.
1/3 Chemistry 2015 DNA repair
1. 2015 NOBEL PRIZE IN 2. Chemistry “for mechanistic studies of 3.DNA repair“
“For the greatest benefit to mankind” Aziz Sancar Prize share 4. 1/3 Born: 1946 in Savur, Turkey
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 22 Cevabı
12. Write a paragraph about Barış Manço.
Barış Manço was a musician and a programme producer.
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 23 Cevabı
13. Do you know any of these characters in the picture? Which one is your favourite?
Did you watch any films of these characters?
14. Listen and find who is talking.
a. Mickey Mouse b. Walt Disney
15. Listen again and circle the correct option.
a. Mickey Mouse / Walt Disney was born on November 18, 1928.
b. Walt Disney was a great filmmaker / the world’s first animated character.
c. Until 1935 / 1955, Mickey Mouse appeared black and white on the screen.
d. Walt Disney opened an amusement park in New York / Los Angeles.
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 24 Cevabı
16. Listen to the dialogue between the reporter and Mickey Mouse. They are on a radio programme. Who are they talking about?
17. Listen again and put the pictures in order
18. Listen again and fill in the blanks with the words in bubbles.
was born in 1922 in 1955 won an extraordinary fantastic pictures
Walt Disney 1. was born in 1901. He had 2 . an extraordinary ability. He could draw
3. fantastic pictures . He started his first film company 4. in 1922 . Then, he opened his own
amusement park 5. in 1955 . He 6. won 32 Academy Awards during his lifetime.
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 25 Cevabı
19. Look at the pictures and tell the story of the Brown family. What happened yesterday?
7. Sınıf Pantera Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 2. Ünte Sayfa 26 Cevabı
20. Match the sentences with the pictures in exercise.
a. They took a taxi to the airport. (4)
b. The Browns were ready to leave the house. (1)
c. They arrived at the airport but Mr. Brown couldn’t find the tickets in his pocket. (5)
d. They couldn’t get on the plane. (6)
e. They left the house. (2)
f. Mr. Brown forgot the plane tickets on the table at home. (3)
21. Look at the pictures and make a different ending for the story.
1- Mr. Brown took the plane tickets.
2- Brown family took a taxi.
3- They arrived at the airport.
4- They got on a plane.